Atlantic Community Charter School will celebrate National School Choice Week January 22-28. Held every January, National School Choice Week shines a positive spotlight on effective education options for every child.
The goal of National School Choice Week (NSCW) is to raise public awareness of all types of education options for children. These options include traditional public schools, public charter schools, magnet schools, online learning, private schools, and homeschooling.
To meet this goal, NSCW encourages schools, organizations, and individuals to hold positive events that celebrate school choice options, while drawing attention to the need for even greater opportunities for children.
Started in 2011, NSCW has grown into the world’s largest celebration of opportunity in education. The Week is a nonpartisan, nonpolitical public awareness effort.
National School Choice Week 2017, the largest series of education-related events in US history, is January 22-28, 2017. NSCW 2017 will feature:
- 21,392 total events across all 50 states
- 16,777 schools of all types holding events
- 2,159 homeschool groups holding events
- 1,258 chambers of commerce holding events
- More than 600 governors, mayors and county leaders issuing School Choice Week proclamations
- Rallies and special events held at 25 state capitol buildings